Sunday, March 7, 2010

Week 1

Challenge: Compliment a stranger.
Submitted by: Debra S.

This was my first challenge. When I randomly chose it, I was relieved that it was something relatively easy.

I was wrong. I walked around the campus at school, and I went out to eat a few times, and all those times, I was looking for an opportunity to say something,but I couldn't. I went to church on Friday night, and they have this thing about talking to the people around you before the sermon. They give a question to ask your neighbor, and though I could have turned around and talked to the people behind me, I chose instead to sit down and keep quiet.

There are no excuses. I had an entire week to complete this challenge, but I failed. Even though the week is over, I'm not abandoning this mission.

I've been putting off writing about this all day. When I began this mission, I sent out this letter. To all of you who've read it and replied, I've become accountable. Truthfully, after learning how difficult my mission is going to be, I've been regretting getting myself into this. I've toyed with the idea of quitting, deleting my letter, and taking a break from the internet until my silly scheme was forgotten. But I won't do that.

So many of you have written to me sending the sweetest encouragement. I'm amazed at how many of you actually believe that I can do this. I'm selecting a new challenge tomorrow, and I'm going to give it my all. I promise. Knowing that I have the support of so many great people makes it difficult to give up. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment